About Jon Stromberg
Jon Stromberg currently serves as CEO & Founder of Stromberg Sport LLC. As a global executive, Jon utilizes worldwide interest in sports to overcome competitive barriers, uncover evolving markets and achieve significant sales and profit performance throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
Jon has worked with thousands of executives from Fortune 50 -1000 companies and personally attended some of the most exclusive sporting activities including over one hundred major golf, Olympic and professional sport events.
Whether executing new project initiatives from concept to multi-million-dollar sales, implementing unique market-entry strategies or managing complex, multinational business relationships, Jon has insider knowledge and deep perspective on how to help companies succeed.
Who I Help:
* Professional Sport Teams
* Global Sport Conventions
* Sport Governing Bodies
* Sport Marketing Agencies
* International Tourism Groups
* Sports Hospitality Organizations
* Luxury Brand Companies
* Sport Alliances
On a personal note, Jon is an avid fan and player of soccer, track and golf and bring a high level of sportsmanship and commitment to everything I do in my personal and professional life.
Dedicated to personal growth though professional networks, Jon Stromberg holds leadership roles in several professional groups and currently serve as Membership & Vice Education Chair for Chicago Windy City Chapter of the Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO). In addition, I serve on a variety of advisory boards ranging from the Chicago Sports Commission (CSC), to the Chicago Fire professional soccer club.
Jon grew up in Lake Forest, IL where he was an avid soccer, track and golf player. He attended DePauw University in Greencastle, IN and competed on DePauw’s track and golf teams. He was an active member of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity and served as the social chairman for two years during his college career.
Senior executive with verifiable year-after-year success achieving revenue, profit, and business growth objectives within the global marcus evans plan. Expertise working with multiple C-Level executives closing time sensitive sales, while developing and managing long-term relationships. Tenacious in building new business and securing customer loyalty while expanding into new markets across North America. Motivated by internal standards to overachieve expectations and exceed set goals. Highly successful driving revenue and profit gains while improving organizational productivity and performance. Superb change agent with the talent for recruiting and developing other leaders with an equal desire to succeed.
2012 to Present, CEO & Founder
Stromberg Sport LLCLEADERSHIP CHALLENGE: Maximize unique industry time and extensive global market development to build a strategic advisory services firm from the ground up.
* Deliver advanced, innovative solutions that help expand market presence, establish operating infrastructure and achieve profitable growth for sports-related organizations worldwide.
* Partner with C-level executives and corporate leaders to develop strategic business plans, penetrate hard-to-reach global market and efficiently perform in highly competitive industry.
October 2008 to September 2011, CEO North America, THG Sports (a marcus evans Company)
- Reported directly to the Chairman. Oversee all Sports Division operations in the United States and Canada.
- Promote sales approach based on developing and maintaining long-term customer relationships.
- Forecast team office structure based upon forward event calendar.
- Implement and strengthen established Chicago sales procedures throughout all North American offices.
- Ongoing North American staff development via video conferencing.
- Review existing rebooking strategies and implement improved renewal procedures for the division.
- Conduct formal reviews with all managers on a monthly basis.
- Provide internal communication regarding recent successes, and best practices between each office.
- Execute adjustments to products, pricing, incentives and targets.
- Develop cross-selling strategies across all marcus evans products.
- Review existing compensation plans and develop additional quarterly and annual bonus targets linked to overall group revenue goals.
- Enhance current recruiting practices and procedures. (Quality Candidate Process, National Recruitment Program)
- Partner with Operations VP to ensure continuity and quality control across all North and South American events.
- Approve Marketing initiatives prior to release.
- Utilize marketing to effectively promote open contract products to new and existing clients.
- Responsible for developing the North American sports market from one to 10 office locations within nine years.
- Hired, trained, and developed more than 100 staff to Senior Sales positions, including 30 executives to Management level roles.
- Number 1 Global sales producer for 10 years, 15 out of 18 years in North America, including the last five.
January 2004 to September 2008, GM North America, THG Sports (a marcus evans Company)
- Oversaw the management of sales staff within 10 offices across the USA & Canada.
- Maintain high renewal business while penetrating new markets and generating a 40% increase in sales.
- Introduced weekly meetings with sales reps to review accounts, develop action steps, and monitored follow-through.
- Instituted program of internal seminars on capturing and maintaining corporate accounts through set “Client Enhancement Program.”
- Developed face-to-face sales program into North American market.
- Created relevant and practical training materials. Completed new THG sales training manual.
- Recruited, hired, trained, and motivated employees. Developed business and financial plans. Established annual sales goals.
- Reduced turnover of sales force by instituting innovative employee recognition programs.
October 1993 to December 2003, Senior Director NAM Headquarters, THG Sports/SMG/ICM
- Produced average annual sales volume of $1.5 million, while supervising sales force generating an additional $15.5 million.
- Oversaw 3 office territories, serviced existing accounts while consistently developing new business.
- Trained sales staff in all aspects of the business.
- Successfully opened 4 new office locations, interviewed, hired and trained relating staff while placing developed Managers into new location roles.
- Managed accounts across North America, developed and implemented sales plans to achieve greater results in less time.
- Established Open Contract program to allow for multiple event allocation.
- Implemented Client Loyalty Reward program across North America.
October 1991 to September 1993, Sales Manager Chicago, THG Sports
- Produced average annual sales volume of $1.5 million.
- Oversaw the launch of over 20 new sporting events sold into the North American market including the Masters Tournament, Superbowl, All Star Games, Kentucky Derby, US Open Golf, Final Four, World Cup Soccer, and Summer Games.
- Budgeted time to generate personal business on a monthly basis while managing team of 10 staff.
- Closed sales ranging from $20,000 to $1,000,000 with EDS, Rockwell Automation, HSBC, Rohm & Haas, Fidelity, Cisco Systems, Unilever, ServiceMaster, KPMG
- Received #1 Personal & Team Sale Award for 2 consecutive years.
March 1991 to September 1991, Senior Account Executive Chicago, THG Sports
- Closed average 3 contracts per month to produced sales volume over 6-month period of $500,000.
- Responsibilities included selling to C- level management, speaking to 15 – 20 executives on a daily basis.
- Used organizational skills to advance file and data tracking system, including the use of ACT program management software.
- Received #1 Sale Award for Sales Excellence.
November 1989 to February 1991, Office Analyst & Administrator, B. Stromberg Construction Company
Spring 1989, Private Banking Internship, Northern Trust Bank
Degree DePauw University - Greencastle, IN
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and Economics
- 1985 - 1989
- Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity (inCircle Member)